Are you looking for corporate relocation professionals to help you move? These steps will help you narrow your search down on the best provider that will suit your needs.
For whatever reason, you have finally decided to relocate your company. In the mission to move, you must hire a corporate or business relocation company who will provide their service to make sure that the transition will be as smooth as possible. A reliable relocation company will be able to provide a swift, professional and organized move and they will do whatever they can not to disrupt the business flow.
There will be several steps on how you can hire a corporate relocation professional that will be an effective partner in your quest to move:
- You must first find a corporate relocation company that can serve both your current location and the new one. Take advantage of resources like the Better Business Bureau and recommendations from business associates so that you will be able to find a company with the most positive and professional feedback.
- Get in touch with the companies that you are considering and arrange a meeting so you can get an estimate on the relocation of your business. They should be able to send a representative to your office so they can thoroughly and accurately estimate the cost of the move based on the size of your company and the work it would entail them to do. Make sure that you choose a service that is based on value, professionalism and organization.
- Aside from basing your decision on value, professionalism and organization you must also hire a relocation services company that has great attention to detail that concerns your move. The most reliable relocation companies will assign a specific supervisor that will oversee the entire move unlike other companies who just sends out a moving crew. The supervisor will be the one to make sure that there is an accurate inventory list made as reference for all your belongings and that the move will conform to the set timelines, making sure that everything stays on schedule.
- Go for a company that will also be able to help your staff or management team to move with the company, if needed. There are corporate relocation services companies that partners with residential moving companies and even employment recruiting companies. This will be of great advantage especially for employees who would also have to move together with their spouses and children in order to continue working for your company. The employment recruiting companies can also be helpful if there will be any positions that you might have to fill after the move.
- Come up with a plan after you have hired a corporate relocation professional and make sure that you discuss every detail of the plan with their representative. The master plan should be composed of the overall objective such as the move being done for an expansion or for downsizing. You should also include details like the order in which you wish to move your equipment in first so that a smooth transition is ensured.